EAEEIE2013 Exclusive excursion :
Call for Papers :
The 24th EAEEIE Annual Conference will take place in Chania, Crete, Greece. EAEEIE 2013 is organized by the Technological Institute of Crete, Department of Applied Informatics and Multimedia.
The objective of the Conference is to bring together lecturers, researchers and professionals in the field of EIE all over Europe with the aim to exchange ideas and information and contribute to the development of EIE education. We cordially invite you to participate and submit your contribution to EAEEIE 2013, which includes (but is not limited to) the following topics:
- - Engineering education and internationalization
- - Innovation in pedagogical way of teaching
- - Application of ICTs in Education
- - European Curricula in Electrical and Information Eng.
- - International Partnerships in Teaching
- - Cooperation with Industry in Teaching
- - Gender Issues, Women in Engineering
- - The Student Perspective of Electrical and Information Eng.
- - Virtual Learning Environments in Electrical and Information Engineering
- - Lifelong Learning in Electrical and Information Engineering
- - Raising Security and Privacy Awareness in Education
- - Research and Innovation as a Part of Education
Read More >>
Special Session :
This special session is devoted to the new EU funded EAEEIE's SALEIE Project. The SALEIE project sets out to firstly explore and then provide models for ways in which Higher Education Institutions of Europe in the Electrical and Information Engineering disciplines can respond to current challenges. The main challenges addressed by this project are:
- 1. Ensuring graduates are prepared to enable Europe to respond to the current global technical challenges in the Green Energy the Environment and Sustainability, Communications and IT, Health, and Modern Manufacturing Systems (including Robotics), that is, a new skills for new jobs approach. This will embrace conventional education, lifelong learning and training for entrepreneurship.
- 2 .Ensuring that programme and module governance is sufficiently well understood that issues of mobility, progression and employment are understandable by appropriate stakeholders including the accrediting bodies for professional engineers.
- 3. Ensuring all learners, irrespective of their background or personal challenges, including: dyslexia and dyspraxia; visual and audio impairments; and mental disabilities such as aspergers, autism, depression, anxiety; are given equal opportunity to education and are appropriately supported;
The special session will comprise an introduction to the project including its partner distribution across Europe, key aims and objectives and its methodology. This introduction will be followed by three or four papers on topics within the main three project streams.
General Assembly Meeting of EAEIE :
- 1. Welcome and current activities of the association.
- 2. Matters arising.
- 3. Financial balance of the association by the treasurer Denis Genon- Catalot.
- 4. Update of the associations’ web-site by Ján Liguš.
- 5. Future EAEEIE Conference in 2014 - Izmir/Kusadasi by Bahar Karaoglan.
- 6. Preparing for next Thematic Network.
- 7. Discussion and conclusion.
EAEEIE2013 Proccedings :
Please download our online version of the EAEEIE Proccedings. [ LINK ]